Re: [NTLK] Pocket Quicken

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 09:28:59 PST

On 29/01/03 12:09, "Suannp_at_aol.com" <Suannp_at_aol.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am a new Newton user (I've had a 130 for about a month). Everything is
> working well. I've connected to my Mac G4 (9.0.1) using NCU and a usb serial
> adapter and was able to backup.
> I have Quicken 2001 installed on my mac, but I can't figure out how to import
> entries from Pocket Quicken on my Newton. The connection doesn't seem to
> work. Am I missing software or something? If this isn't going to work, is
> there any way to import the entries? I checked the archives , but didn't see
> any mail that directly addressed this problem.

I've never used PocketQuicken so I might be wrong here, but I believe there
is a connection application that needs to be installed at least on your Mac.
IIRC, the options for the connections were pretty limited. But make sure
that both the connection part on your Newton and your Mac are properly
configured.

I did use PocketMoney in the past with good success...

-Laurent.

gnarly /nar'lee/ adj.: Both obscure and hairy (sense 1). "Yow! -- the tuned
assembler implementation of BitBlt is really gnarly!" From a similar but
less specific usage in surfer slang.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html