Re: [NTLK] Was asantetalk - using NCU in X

From: Gregory Sahli (sahlgre_at_iit.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:00:36 PST

(pardon me if someone has helped you already -- I get digest only)

Russ,
A couple of folks have hit on this but you haven't ever mentioned
whether you have started up NCU in classic mode (or OS9).
Appletalk is the comm. protocol only. Without NCU running, nothing is
being communicated to the Newton, so the Newton doesn't see the Mac and
vice versa. (there is no file sharing capability in the Dock).
Printers, on the other hand, will talk to the Newton (when you're
trying to print, that is).
As added troubleshooting, tell us if Appletalk is selected in Prefs of
NCU, and also try printing to an appletalk printer and tell us the
result.

HTH,
Greg

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html