Re: [NTLK] 2003 ibook & classic or NTK in X

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 05:52:45 PST

on 1/30/03 3:23 AM, Marij, Jeroen, Kids at marijschreiber_at_keyaccess.nl
wrote:

> Ordered a 2003 ibook and just realized it does do not come with 9.2.2. There
> is a way to get 9.2.2 from apple, but does it work on the new ibooks?
> Classic is no longer suported starting january this year.

That's only on the Powerbooks and PowerMacs that were just introduced in
January. The iBook is still last fall's model and although the default boot
is OS X, you can change the default to OS 9.2.2 and thereafter boot into
that. Not having OS X, I can't really say how you go about making that
change.

- Eric. (still in the process of upgrading his home Macs to 8.6...)

Political correctness is anti-freedom!!!  Speak the truth!!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html