Re: [NTLK] New User Questions - MessagePad 120

From: Marco Mailand (N_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:18:23 PST

"srbarker_at_fuse.net" wrote @ 30.1.2003 18:08 Uhr / <srbarker_at_fuse.net>:
> 1. Where can I purchase a cable to go from my MessagePad to my Windows PC -
> db9 to serial?
The most likely source is your friendly Mac dealer.

> 2. Where can I find the Newton Connection Utility and what versions of
> Windows will it run on?
Go to http://www.unna.org and get what you need, this server is a real
treasure.

> 3. is it possible to upgrade my MP to 2.0 and is there a document that
> describes how to do it?
The biggest problem for the upgrade is to get a new ROM board. The rest of
the work is done in minutes.

> 4. is it possible to install the Grafitti HW recognizer on the MP?
With the Newton Graffitti package you can improve the HWR only up to the
status of the today's Palm by loosing precious screen space. The HWT of
NOS2.0 is pretty good - IMHO much better than that from the Palm.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
Marco Mailand