[NTLK] PC to Newton

From: Mark Ezell (mezell_at_eutek.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 14:32:55 PST

Hi All,

I have been trying to connect my Newton MP 120 to my PC at work (I Use a Mac
at home). I didn't get a cable with my Newton so I bought one from MCM
electronics. It is called an Apple MAC to serial adapter cable. 8 pin M to
DB9 Female. Both ends plug in as expected.

When I try to make the connection either through Com1 or Com2 with the ports
set to 9600 baud using the Newton connection settings Serial or 9600 Baud
Serial-Windows I get no connection. The error is 'The connection was stopped
because there was no response'.

I can connect at home (using an old Beige G3 and apple talk), but I want to
be able to connect at work as well so I can use my Newt in both worlds.

Any Advice?

Thanks
Mark-

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html