Re: [NTLK] PC to Newton

From: wmiranda_at_softhome.net
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 14:37:40 PST

Mark Ezell writes:

> When I try to make the connection either through Com1 or Com2 with the ports
> set to 9600 baud using the Newton connection settings Serial or 9600 Baud
> Serial-Windows I get no connection. The error is 'The connection was stopped
> because there was no response'.

Search the Newtontalk archive for posts about a program called slowdown.exe.
You will need to run multiple instances of this program to get your speed
slow enough on the PC to pass data through the serial port to and from the
Newton. How you run multiple instances is all described in the previous
posts. Check it out and see if that answers your questions. If you get
stuck, we're here to help.

Bill M.
txgitarman_at_attbi.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html