[NTLK] Fieldworker- who might use?

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 10:03:55 PDT

Recall in May, we were talking here about Fieldworker for the Newton-
hook it up to a GPS, log NMEA coordinates, make field notes- it's
geared for biologist or fieldworker types. From the old Newton
Reference:

FieldWorker
FieldWorker is a program linking any handheld computer in the Newton
family to any Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver for the purpose
of collecting location tagged data, and exporting the field data to any
desktop computer for use in any spreadsheet, database or GIS system.

Anyway I have phoned the Fieldworker folks and they might be interested
in releasing the software in some form (unsupported, almost certainly,
possibly not for free either).

Anyway I'm going to email them shortly- one thing that they asked for,
was some measure of interest that might be out there.

So: if this sounds like something that you might be able to use, even
if it were not free, please drop me an email off-list at
bmcewen_at_comcast.net.

thanks!

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html