Re: [NTLK] Fieldworker- who might use?

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 13:18:03 PDT

They do have similar software for the other, or "differently-abled" PDA's out there, right? Hmm, I might be interested; sounds like useful software for some of the things I'm doing, but maybe the office could spring for the iPaq software version. It's difficult for me to commit to a purchase for the Newton right now, financially speaking. But, a Newton release could very likely influence potential future sales for other platforms!

Thanks for looking into this Brian. It would be cool if you were successful in getting the software publicly released. Good luck!

On Tuesday, July 01, 2003, at 10:03AM, Brian McEwen <bmcewen_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>Recall in May, we were talking here about Fieldworker for the Newton-
>hook it up to a GPS, log NMEA coordinates, make field notes- it's
>geared for biologist or fieldworker types. From the old Newton
>Reference:
>
>FieldWorker
>FieldWorker is a program linking any handheld computer in the Newton
>family to any Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver for the purpose
>of collecting location tagged data, and exporting the field data to any
>desktop computer for use in any spreadsheet, database or GIS system.
...deletia...
>Brian
>
>--
>This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
>List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
>Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

  Anthony Velasco, USFWS-Ecologist/ecotoxicologist
              ecotone_tv_at_hotmail.com
This Newt's trekking through cactusland and lov'n it!
 Managing Sales and Licensing for Newton Software at:
 http://www.thisoldnewt.com/~tactilesales/index.html
 or  http://www.tactile.com - Tactile Systems, Inc.
 Contact me via the above E-mail for more information
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html