Re: [NTLK] eMate flex cable

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 14:13:34 PDT

>My guess is it's a replacement screen cable for when the screen hinge
>clutch explodes. I've kinda got my eye on a e-mate and I'm wondering
>if getting a flex cable is good insurance or not.

By far the best insurance is opening the eMate as soon as you get it and
put washers under the hinge screws as outlined in the hardware section
of
the site below. If you don't lubricate and check the hinges their legs
might still pop out eventually, but they won't do any damage and the
cable will not be killed.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html