[NTLK] Report on The Green Edge Magazine

From: Andre Garzia (soapdog_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 15:46:37 PDT

Hi Newts,

I am glad to announce that since we received a donation from Mr. Henry=20=

Stukenborg, we were able to:

1) Buy our own domain! it's www.thegreenedge.net!!!! ($15)
2) Set up DNS accounts in DynDns.org so subdomains and webhops are=20
easy. ($24)
3) set up our Manila Account!!! ($10)

We moved our little but precious data to the new server, there are=20
currently only a welcome letter and some writer guidelines online. The=20=

current site design and template are temporarym it's just to get=20
going... i am no designer. but i think it's plain a little elegant.

Please feel free to join our community, registration is free and=20
private, we need to know how many users are interested in this project.=20=

Also we put a little survey on the favorite form of distribution for=20
our magazine. To answer the survey you must login (... and to login you=20=

must be registered, which is free and private). This will help us to=20
create our schedule and see what form deserve more time than the other.=20=

The possible answers are:

* A PDF File, it will be secured against printing and alteration.=20
Donators will receive password to print.
* NewtonBook package with most of our content (no screenshot or sharp=20
pictures inside)
* A magazine made of paper and distributed by CafePress=20
(http://www.cafepress.com). Check their site on CafePress Publishing. A=20=

issue of the magazine would problably go for 6 or 7 dollars plus=20
shipping. Worldwide delivery (it means out of USA) is 7 bucks
* An RSS site feed for the ones using Raissa and other syndication=20
tools.
* A Newton Friendly site.
* Our fully featured manila enabled site.

We sent for some interviews already (and we're creating the questions=20
for the others), we're building couple articles and reviews right now!!!
If you don't know what cafepress is, please check it out, i think it's=20=

a great oportunity for us!!! a cheap paper =C2=A0magazine.

An if anyone want to submit any article, reviews, whatever, it's the=20
time to do it. And bear in mind that the survey is only to help us to=20
decide what forms of distribution will deserve more time, we plan to do=20=

all of them, just need to decide what will be the order.

Cheers
Andre Garzia =EF=A3=BF 2003.
imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....=

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html