[NTLK] Christmas in June

From: Antony Lawrence (alawrence_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 05:08:37 PDT

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd tell you about what has just happened.
About 30 mins ago I had a knock at the door, it was the Royal mail delivery
van. He was delivering my "DEAD" upgraded MP2000 I got from ebay for around
$12 plus shipping to the UK.
As described the casing has some scuffs, scratches and remnants of stickers.
Although dusty the screen is in pretty good shape with only minor marks. It
has both door clips and port and ir covers, basically it needs a door,
battery or battery cage & stylus as I'll soon fill the pcmcia slots.

Here's the best bit.

I hurriedly found my mp2000 and got my stylus and ac adaptor.
Plugged it in and apprehensively held in the reset button as I pressed the
power button.

The screen darkened and asked if I wanted to erase all data. It took a few
attempts for the newt to accept input from the stylus but a little bit of
persistence resulted in a message saying "removing all data this may take a
few minutes".
I hovered over it waiting. Imagine my delight when I heard the startup and
saw the setup screen.

So this is why its Christmas in June.

Even as I write this I keep leaning over to switch it on again to make sure
its still working, which it is and to top it all the backlight is very
bright and doesn't "whine" as loud as my mp2000.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Tony

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html