Re: [NTLK] override :close() method?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 11:13:49 PDT

Il me semble que le 3/06/03 à 6:23 -0500, Tom McDougal nous racontait:
>I thought about this, too. I'm using protoApp which has its own
>large close box. I can't figure out how to get access to that (to
>remove it, hide it, or to redefine its buttonClickScript) and it
>seems like such a hack to cover it up with another close box. But,
>that is what I will do until I find another solution.

You don't need to use protoApp. You can use protoFloater instead. You
can then add a nicer NewtonOS 2.x-like status bar to replace the ugly
clock/battery picker of protoApp and put the close box on this bar.
The trick is to steal the bar from the NewtApp framework, i.e. to use
newtStatusBarNoClose. I did this for several projects, it's probably
documented as is in the doc (the fact that you can use
newtStatusBar[NoClose] instead of protoStatusBar) and you can take
advantage of the buttons handling code (to align them automatically
on the left and on the right).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/