Re: [NTLK] Sleep without the switch

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:30:57 PDT

yeah, the gesture is down then left without lifting
the pen.
Addiitonally, you can create an expansion. I have
"ret" set to expand as a return. This way, I can write
real fast and add "ret" at the end of the line
whenever I want a carriage return.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Technoir Support <technoir_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On Mardi, juin 3, 2003, at 03:12 PM, David Mills
> wrote:
>
> > Community,
> > Until recently I used Dashboard but only really
> used the shortcut=20
> > script to
> > put the Newt to sleep. Now I don=92t need all the
> features of =
> Dashboard=20
> > but
> > wonder if there is a little app out there to do
> this sole purpose.=20
> > What do
> > people recommend so I don=92t have to trial and
> error with packages =
> from=20
> > UNNA?
> > I want something lean and mean!
> >

> well if you used dashboard maybe you are familiar
> with the structure of=20=
>
> the scripts? if so you could hack up a newtscript in
> no time. i would=20
> do it for you if i could =3D] but i can't yet
>
> > Also, I get fed up of having to tap the caret when
> using HWR to do a=20=
>
> > Return.
> > Is there a shortcut I can adopt where I can
> scribble something to do =
> it
> > automatically and if so =96 how?
>
> there is a builtin gesture for this. draw an
> backwards L [like this _|=20=
>
> ] at the point where you want the carriage return.
> it may take a couple=20=
>
> tries to get it right, but you'll get it.
>
> scotty

=====
"Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind. They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism. Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use. "
 - Anne Coulter Op Ed piece on Global Warming