Re: [NTLK] Power supply wires

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:45:26 PDT

> Here is a picture of the "power wires" I'm talking
> about: (the red and black wires)
> http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed/xtal2/img0008.htm

> I don't know if they really are "power" connections,
> but I do know that if I unplug this and try to power
> on the Newt, it will fail. In what capacity? I dont'
> know...it just...doesnt'!

What is shown here is the loudspeaker connector with its
two wires. Since both the power switch connector and the
backlight connector have also black and red wires, maybe
what you mean is the power switch connector.
I'd think the Newton would refuse to power up if this
connector doesn't make contact. I doubt if a missing speaker
would prevent it from starting.

Loudspeaker connector:
http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassembly16large.jpg

Microphone connector: