Re: [NTLK] Newton Con (was: Modem - free to good home :-)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 14:12:33 PDT

Quoting Jeff Sheldon <jeff_at_jurai.net>:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Matthew Robinson wrote:
>
> > b) Make a donation to UNNA
>
> Victor's an "enabled" sort of man. Why not use those -enormous- open
> hours of spare time to start up an annual Newton convention? Maybe the

What, you want me to organize it? I don't get it... and I know that my coffee
levels are topped up, so that can't be why I don't understand ;)

> first one could be held at or near an Apple Store. Or better yet, near
> Walter Smith's home and I'll chip in a good chunk of money to help
> encourage him to be a speaker. Then goad our European/Asian developers
> over for technical talks as well along with general power-usage forums.
> There are enough exciting things going on that even a low-key "gathering
> of user groups and mobile warriors" with a couple Newt community part-time
> vendors would be interesting. An outline of a ficticious con would even
> be interesting to see if nothing else, but I'm not sure where to begin.
> Everything starts with an outline.

A con would be awesome... it would make sense I suppose to have it wherever
the largest NUG or most users were, but then I'd be afraid it wouldn't be in
Toronto... damn, I've got to post the photos from the last SONUG meeting! And
fix the hosed webpage.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html