[NTLK] NewtSync progress (or lack thereof)

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 11:43:21 PDT

I just wanted to write in an send a continual apology for my lack of
progress on NewtSync. I haven't abandoned the project and have every
intention of working on it when I get the time, but... well, WWDC is
coming up on June 23 and I work for Apple so... if you do the math I
don't have much time to finish whatever will get tested and pressed to
CD there...

(and no, I can't say what I'm working on except to deny upfront any
rumors that it's at all PDA-related, because it's not :-) )

I've barely had time to do my laundry or dishes the past couple of
months; other than going out every Saturday night (that's a
pre-requisite for my own sanity) and sleeping in on Sunday i've been
working on an Apple product from the moment I wake to the moment I
sleep. This isn't a ploy for sympathy, just an explanation as to why
NewtSync has to be on the back burner right now.

Things will lighten up for me in a couple of weeks and at that point I
will be able to produce my next update to fix the calendar freezing.
That update will be posted on the NewtSync SourceForge page, and the
everchanging.com site will be changed to direct people to SourceForge.
(the source is already available there)

Anyway, cheers, hope to see some of you at WWDC!

John

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html