Re: [NTLK] Dialing from Newt

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 14:06:12 PDT

On 2003-06-14 at 20:31:48, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> For numbers local to you, put all ten digits in the phone number field
> with a blank area code. Set your home work space to no area code also.
>
> Long distance numbers that need a 1 dialed before them sould have the
> normal arrangement of area code and number.

I've tried that, but it results in problems when I transfer the cards to
other Newton users not in the same area code.

On 2003-06-14 at 20:11:52, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> You will have to duplicate your current worksite and change the settings
> make it for a long distance work site. The only discipline you need is to
> determine before dialing whether it's a long distance or local call. Then,
> from the dialing dialog, you pick the appropriate worksite.

I don't want to have to use another worksite for long distance calls. I
call long distance and local with roughly equal frequency, and having to
switch worksites every other call would get really annoying really quickly.

What I need is a local-only dialing prefix. The Newton obviously knows the
difference between local and long distance calls because it adds a 1 and the
area code to my long distance numbers. Does anyone know how it detects the
difference and is it possible to modify that method?

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html