Re: [NTLK] NPDS using Serial?

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 14:06:07 PDT

In a previous message, Matt Binkowski typed vigorously:

>I was trying to install the NPDS and came across a few things. Is it
>possible to run this using a serial/keyspan connection to your mac?

Running NPDS over serial would require TCP/IP over serial. I honestly
don't you can do this. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

>Finally, would someone here please write a simple standalone app that
>lets you take screenshots of your newton without having to make it a
>server or run the toolkit in os 9? Even though I'm interesting in
>trying out the NPDS, it seems like a really long way to go for
>screenshots.

Danilla Padilla's Screen Shooter will do this. I does require the GIF
Server module of NPDS to be installed, but not the entire HTTP server and
associated plug-ins.

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/progs.htm

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html