Re: [NTLK] Dialing from Newt

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 13:31:48 PDT

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:24:12PM -0500, Dylan Stewart wrote:
> My home city recently got a second area code and now we have to dial the
> area code for local calls. How do I tell my Newt to dial the area code
> unconditionaly and dial the 1 if it isn't local? Currently, it either dials
> just the last seven digits or it dials a 1 plus all ten.

For numbers local to you, put all ten digits in the phone number field
with a blank area code. Set your home work space to no area code also.

Long distance numbers that need a 1 dialed before them sould have the
normal arrangement of area code and number.

--
36. I will not imprison members of the same party in the same cell block, let
    alone the same cell. If they are important prisoners, I will keep the only