Re: [NTLK] emate tight hinge issue

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 20:21:25 PDT

Robert

My sons eMate was very stiff to open. We opened it and discovered that
springs on both sides had sprung. luckily the one on the ribbon had
perforated between the traces and none were broken yet. I would
strongly urge you to stop opening it until you clean, reshape and
lubricate the hinge springs. It is possible that the next time you
open the eMate will be the one that breaks the ribbon. I don't think
its worth the risk.

Woody Smith

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html