Re: [NTLK] Dongle

From: edwardmccaughan (madscientist_at_macunlimited.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 17:21:09 PST

  you could (in theory-you have to be really good with a soldering iron)
remove the interconnect port and solder a serial port ect. to the pins,
but its very tricky.
theres also the slot that the ser-001 fits into that AFAIK (could
someone verify/contradict) you can put in wires into the audio and
power pins, without the need to solder them in. same for the serial
actually, but it would be at cmos level, not the level for appletalk
(hence the ser-001).

but now that dongles are becomming rarer, now would be the best time to
start making a ser-001s, rather than stop.

edward mccaughan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html