[NTLK] Help with Error

From: Gene Martin (GeneMartin_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 17:58:14 PST

Hi;

I am new to the Newton community. I got my first Newton, (2100) just a week
ago. I have been downloading all the fun stuff I can, including the drivers
for wireless connectivity.

I finally got my Newton communicating wirelessly via the original Apple
Airport base station. However, I am having a couple problems and would
appreciate any help I can get.

1) when I check my mail, via my WaveLan silver card, it gets my mail but
then it tells me that there has been an error of -48204, and then tells me
it is disconnecting, but never does. I have to shut the Newton off to get it
to clear. Can anyone offer a way to fix this?

2) I am trying to download a copy of NewtJabber. When I get the packages
downloaded to my desktop, I then try to install them but the Newton cannot
see the file to install them. However, the files are there on my Macs
desktop. Any ideas as to why it can't see these files?

Oh, and is there a good dictionary that can be recommended and where to get
it.

Any help is appreciated.

Gene Martin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html