Re: [NTLK] Return Stroke?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 03:33:18 PST

> I have a 130 and when I take notes sometimes I want to enter a return=20
> to the next line. Since my handwriting isn't extremely fast like on the=20
> 2x00s I have to wait for it to finish recognition before tapping on the=20
> next line. Is there some faster way that I could do this?

Using the expansion feature of the Newton's dictionary, you can make this
work. There have already been directions given on how to access it, but a
little more explanation may be useful.

With the expansion feature, you can create shortcuts words or expressions
that expand to longer expressions or words. For instance, I have an
expansion that converts "eml" to "jonglass_at_usa.net". I have bunches of these
things. My initials, for instance (jpg) expand to my whole name (Jon Glass).

Some of the ones I use the most are punctuation ones. It seems that some
punctuation marks are difficult to write by themselves, so I created a
system to write them all. I use the "/" character to begin them all. Here is
a brief breakdown of my list:

/c = ,
/p = .
/co = :
/sc = ;
/r = <return>
/t = <tab>

I believe I have a couple more, but I don't seem to use them, which is why
I've forgotten them. :-) I use the above daily, however. That's how useful
they are.

Unfortunately, the built-in expansion list is limited in how many you can
have. Paul Guyot's alt.rec... I believe, allows for adding more.

Go to town! Have fun! Expand your horizons. . . :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland