[NTLK] print recognizer question

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 11:26:29 PST

I only use printed recognition, and I am sure the
newton has learned my handwriting. So how is it that
peopled are saying the print recognizer does not learn
handwriting? I do not have alt.rec installed. After a
hard reset newton takes a while to learn my writing
again but does.

Also I do not know if playing with the cursive
character settings effects the print recognizer, but
do so figuring it can't hurt.

I find the print recognizer much more accurate but I
never write in cursive. This is because the cursive
recognizer tries to recognize whole words instead of
character sequences.

Anyway if I am completely ignorant please correct me -
my newt learns my printed handwriting (o.s. 2.0) -
write?

=====
"when it comes to our security, we really don't need anybody's permission."
George Bush, president of United States, son of George Bush, also president of United States
" it appears to be a rerun of a bad movie." Ari Fleischer, White House press secretary

Assassination, torture, secret trials, indefinite arrest without warrant or notice to one's family, restrictions of the right to counsel, military tribunals and restrictions of the press in the name of "national security" are the hallmarks of dictatorship.