Re: [NTLK] I just made a Newton website.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 22:41:54 PST

on 18/03/03 01:26, Laird S. Maresch at laird_at_iheka.com wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I hope it is ok to say this for I am just exited about it, if not please let
> me know. Thanks!
>
> Just wanted to announce my Newton site called Newton Talk. I just started
> working on it and would love some feedback from fellow Newton lovers. This is
> mostly a personal site for me and my Newton but if people would love to see
> anything specific that would help them out, let me know and I will try to
> include it.
>
> http://www.entropies.net/newton/index.html

Hey, Laird!

Are you sure you're not mixing up the name of your web site and the name of
this list? I've seen the name "Newton Life" prominently on your site, not
Newton Talk ;-)

BTW, the MessagePad 2000 has always run the Newton OS 2.1, not 2.0. The
MessagePad 120 and the 130 were running OS 2.0, but not the 2x00 series.
Just thought you would like to know...

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html