Re: [NTLK] Importing Data

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:31:17 PST

Quoting johnsinho's! <johnsons_at_macbbs.com.br>:

> What I was doing wrong: I forgot to quote each of the fields.
> Not smart quotes, regular quotes, even the empty fields. Until I did so,
> I kept getting the sasme error you report.
> Are you doing this?

Ah, yes. I like to call this the "Microsoft CSV format" because Excel 97 or
higher for Windows makes CSV files like this. Every field has to be quoted,
like this:

"field1","field2","field 3 with a \"cherry\" on top"

Fields that contain quotes should have the quotes escaped as shown, IIRC. If
you have existing CSV or tab-delil files already exported from Palm Desktop,
do the trick.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html