Re: [NTLK] Importing Data

From: johnsinho's! (johnsons_at_macbbs.com.br)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:05:27 PST

Rich Oliver wrote:
> I've started the process of moving my data to the Newton. I keep having a
> failure, and getting the following message: Unrecoverable Error =8B
> Insuffucient Memory to Proceed.

I went through this too. Tried everything in my imagination, magic,
things not known to men nor beasts, to no avail.
So I figured: I will have to read the manual.

> I'm using the Import method, because I can't seem to get Palm Desktop to
> synch with the Newton. I've bumped up the memory on NCU by X4. I've used
> Excel to create a tab-delimited file with no extraneous fields. I've made
> sure that the Import parameters are set for Tab-Delimted as well. Oh, and
> I've got all of this set to defualt load onto a 64mb PC Card.
> Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Any pointers?

What I was doing wrong: I forgot to quote each of the fields.
Not smart quotes, regular quotes, even the empty fields. Until I did so,
I kept getting the sasme error you report.
Are you doing this?
Good luck,
johnsinho's!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html