[NTLK] NY Times article on Newton Just a quick note from

From: Albert Muniz (hal_at_shout.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 14:55:00 PST

NY Times article on Newton

Just a quick note from your local academic researcher/new Newton user. The
New York Times will be running a story on the Newton in the "Circuits"
(Technology) section tomorrow (Thursday, March 20th).

Apparently, one of their tech writers (Ian Austen) saw the Newton piece on
Slashdot and was intrigued.

Did he speak to anyone else on Newtontalk? He interviewed me because I am
researching the community *and* because I am a Newton user. And for those
of you who are interested, it has taken over my life. Twice in the past
couple of weeks, co-workers have stopped me, pointed to my Newton and said
"Geesh, do you take that thing ~everywhere~?"

Yes. Yes I do.

My latest cool use is to use my Newton in grading my students'
presentations. I jot down my comments in Notes, then email them to the
students so that they are waiting for them when they get home. Sure beats
typing them from my handwritten notes.

Anyway, the guy from the Times asked some really good questions, so I'm
expecting a good article. Maybe it will get J. Sculley's attention :-)

Best,

Al

Albert Muniz
hal-at-shout.net