Re: [NTLK] Recharging a dead vs. low battery

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 20:46:07 PST

on 19.03.2003 23:19 Uhr, Nathan Turnage at nturnage_at_andadv.com typed
vigorously:

> No, the battery on the Newton 2x00 does not have a memory. The Ni-Cad
> (nickel cadmium) batteries in the 1x0 models did have a memory and had
> to be fully drained before being charged. However, the 2x00s use NiMH
> (nickel metal hydride0 batteries that don't suffer the same problems.

I wasn't thinking so much of the memory effect (which I know NiMH batteries
have fewer problems with) but more of the total lifetime of the battery,
i.e. do such batteries "wear out" more quickly if they're consistently run
until drained/dead as opposed to being recharged prior to that point?

Thanks,

chris searles

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html