Re: [NTLK] Recharging a dead vs. low battery

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 07:20:22 PST

It is always better to fully drain a battery before recharging, just
like it is always better to read the instructions (but who does that).
NiMH batteries can deal with being charged at any time, however, you
should make a habit of darining your batteries on a regular basis to
keep them workig up to their potential.

To properly answer your question: No a battery won't "wear out" more
quickly if it is frequently run until dead before recharging. If fact, I
would think the battery would "like" it more, and therefore last longer.

-Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html