Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #152

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 03:23:23 PST

If you have not yet given up try here

www.batteriesamerica.com

and order their ap2000 AA size NiMH rechargable batteries. You must request
that solder tabs be added to the batteries because they nomally do'nt have
them. They are about 3.50 ea and will give your newton some real good run
times. They have 2000 milliamp-hrs of capacity, the biggest i've seen on
rechargables. Conventional premium alkaline batteries typically run 2400-2700
mahrs so getting a rechargable with 80% of the capacity of throwaways is a
real treat. The ones in an original newton battery pack I believe are
1400-osh or so.

I 1st used them to rebuild an emate battery pack so I know they work. Then I
bought a few more so my kids would stop using throwaways in their gameboys
and flashlights

Be sure to condition them the first time you use them. Fully charge and then
fully discharge until dead, then recharge and use.

Another tip that has been making the rounds is to put them (the batteries) in
the freezer for 15 to 30 mins prior to charging.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html