Re: [NTLK] How do you use your Newton?

From: Tom W. (thenortherner_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 07:27:39 PST

Aside from storing a vast amount of information, I find one of the most
underrated uses of the Newton is as a blunt instrument. Being, perhaps, the
heaviest, or one of the heaviest PDAs, many people don't realize that the
Newton can be used as a weapon of self defence.

First I show my Newton to my would-be attacker and explain that it is a
wireless taser, capable of delivering 50,000 volts to paralyze their nervous
system.

Then I tell them that I have entered a code that has emitted a high pitched
signal which tells my attack dog, Rolf, to instantly come hither and chew
them to pieces.

If they choose to attack me before Rolf shows up, I strike them, so... and
so..., much as Mr. Spock would apply the Vulcan grip.

So far, no one has burst through this last defense.

The Newton, and a chipper, can be very useful instruments to use together
when planning to hasten one's inheritance, or perhaps when one wishes to
make an early withdrawl from a loved one's life insurance policy.

I shall discuss these uses at a later date.

Tom :-)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html