Re: [NTLK] New Apple Mini-Tablet Enclosure

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 17:38:26 PST

Alright, I just finished modeling this object in Maya. I can't figure out
what ports would take up a 106*18 mm space, but they had better use
connectors that go through the PCB instead of surface mount!!! Most people
with 2X00s will agree when I say that.

Also, as I was playing with the port locations in an attempt to figure out
which arrangement of holes was the most likely, I noticed that he said that
the port well is on the top and that the circular (Headphones? Stylus
well?) and rectangular (Power switch? IR? Something new?) openings are on
the side. However, I can't tell which side should be the top. If this is a
landscape device, the port well looks pretty strange. If it is portrait, it
looks much more how I thought it would look, but Apple has a history of
products that don't look how people expect them to look.

I would really love some port placement data. If I had that, I could make a
model of this and it would look like the final product. As it is, I haven't
bothered yet because there are so many permutations. If people want me to
put a few of the more likely candidates on my personal website and send the
list links, then I can.

On an off topic note, does anyone else here do Maya modeling? I find it to
be almost relaxing. Nothing beats the sense of satisfaction when you see
your model 'come to life', as it were.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html