Re: [NTLK] Patch 710031 on a non-upgraded N2K

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 06:05:15 PDT

on 05/05/03 07:57, Jon Wright at jgw_at_mac.com wrote:

> When I try to install this patch I get an error. I have tried
> redownloading it (just in case the download was no good). I tried
> applying the original patch written by Paul to the previous system
> patch but that failed as well (probably because I am using Classic/OSX
> rather than a true OS 9 platform).
>
> The error reads:
> System Update 2.1 (710031)
> An error has occurred during loading:
> probably out of memory
> The system update was not installed.
>
> According to Avi's backdrop, the free heap was 109472 (I didn't
> activate all the stuff on my card).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Well, I think that this patch can only be installed on upgraded 2000.

-Laurent.

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html