Re: [NTLK] OT: Guns don't kill people, iPods do (was Whose going to ha

From: Andrew Shooner (shooner.3_at_osu.edu)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 09:41:48 PDT

I agree there are reasonable reasons to own guns. I just think in the
US it is WAY to easy to get WAY to many kinds of guns.
I don't care if you're an arms buff, a vietnam vet or what, there's no
good reason to own an assault rifle. Personally I think the same think
with hand guns,
though that point is a bit more tricky. I just think it's worth saving
lives even if it means you get mugged or your house gets robbed. my
basic logic:
Neither party in a conflict has a gun, you might get hurt, 1 party in a
conflict has a gun, you might get hurt, BOTH parties in a conflict have
guns, somebody is going to the hospital, or the morgue.
        I don't think the way to cut down on crime is to arm the nation.
That's like saying we can bring about world peace by giving everyone
smart bombs and abrams tanks. but i do love shooting shotguns...

Andy S

Go Buckeyes!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html