Re: [NTLK] Creation of an off topic list?

From: Rich Oliver (rich_at_mtgapmac.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 08:46:01 PDT

I don't want to be inflammatory, but if the posts don't interest you, then
don't read them. I constantly hear cries for separate OT lists, or for OT
posts to not be allowed on the many listservs I'm on. I'd like to say that I
see more grumbling about OT posts on those listservs, than I do OT posts,
but that's just exaggerating too much.

Don't get me wrong, everyone's entitled to complain about getting the OT
posts, and to subsequently post those complaints; there are always people
who will read the complaints (sic). But remember, these complaints and
imposing restrictions on what can be posted is one step down the path to
censorship, or what we've been calling Political Correctness.

Personally, if it's labeled OT, and I have the time, I might check it out,
unless I already have and the subject's not of interest to me. OT posts only
become a big deal when you pay attention to them, much like politicians.

--
Mt Gap Macintosh & PC
256.880.9222

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html