Re: [NTLK] Problems installing with Escale 1.0.1

From: Heiko Cultus (ching_at_gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 12:01:05 PDT

Am Montag, 12.05.03 um 14:01 Uhr schrieb Robert Benschop:

> On Saturday, May 10, 2003, at 18:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Nicolas
> Zinovieff=20=
>
> wrote:
>> As "one of the two other people", I have indeed made it work.
>
> Completely without any error anywhere and does it work every time?

It had worked for me after the Release, but now i have to use delivery
again. Maybe the OSX 10.2.6 update was between.
<snip>

>> And If the bug is solved, you'll have to build the latest Escale app.
>> =
>> assure you it is easy :)
>> If you can't find the info on Paul''s website, just ask me for a
>> precise HOWTO.
>
> Now I'm at a total loss here, all I can find on Paul's site is
> version=20=
>
> 1.0.1
> Where would one find the data to recompile and what would it take?

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/?lg=en#cvs

You can access the code over the internet (it's on Nikola's Server).
Download MacCvsX from the Link on Paul's site.
IIRC Mac CvsX ask for Phython (Programming language) you have to
download it too with the same Versionnumber (3.3).
Then you have to form the CSVROOT String on Pauls site with the
Preferences of MacCvsX (without :pserver it's in Authentification
picker). Now login under the menu Admin with the password "anonymous".
On the console you should get:
***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

AFAIK code 1 means there was an error.

When you successfully logged in, choose Remote->Checkout module. Now
you can choose where to store the source on your HD. Next enter DCL in
the Module Name field and press ok. The console should now show, that
MacCvxX is downloading the sourcecode to your folder. in the folder
DCL -> Desktop Connection Library -> _Build_ -> PB you should find the
file DCL.pbprj that you can open with Project builder. Then you can
build Escale OSX or Escale OSX Debug.

Heiko

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html