[NTLK] FS: CLEAR MESSAGEPAD 110 ("PROTOTYPE")

From: Alan O'Neil (alan_oneil_at_attbi.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 17:12:26 PDT

I have a "prototype" Newton 110 in my possession. I say "prototype" because
that is the general (mis)conception(?) of the clear MP110 variety. IIRC it
was more like a limited-edition developer's version (I received it from a
friend of the family who worked at Oracle)

If you'd like to see it, my Quadra 605 is hosting it at
<www.mrq.gotdns.com>, just click on the obvious Newton link there.

***I will accept offers starting now, email me personally if interested***

I am debating with myself if I should really include the powerpack. I now
have a 2000U which does not have a powerpack. Is it "bad" for the MP2k to
remove all power once in a while just to change batteries? or is it
reccommended to plug it into AC and change batteries while it's still on
and uninterrupted? If it's OK to just unplug & change, then I'll include
the powerpack with the clear 110.

All other things shown in the pictures (besides my bed, that is) are
included to the highest-offering buyer.

-----
**PLEASE NOTE that I do NOT have the original clear telescoping stylus.
**PLEASE NOTE that the leather case is missing a stitch or two.
**CONDITION: No major cracks/scratches/etc on the case. Minor "scuffiness"
of the screen, but that is to be expected of the "classic" MP versions with
smooth screens. I will include all software that may be on the cards,
including the commercial software that came with the Newton.
**SOFTWARE: ExpensePlus, Graffiti, Notion, various free/shareware games and
books.
**DEAD backup battery. No internal information saved. (like day, updates, etc).
**RUNNING NOS 1.2.00 (no updates installed).
-----

Will include to highest offer: Clear Newton 110, TWO 2MB Flash Cards, two
Palm styli, leather case, original battery, PC Serial cable, Mac serial
(printer) cable. Power Adapter ONLY if I decide I have no use for it.

Starting price is $200 plus shipping to your part of the US or world.

------
Alan O'Neil. Quadra 605.
www.MrQ.GotDNS.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html