Re: [NTLK] Programmer's question

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 15:26:57 PDT

I wrote...

>> could the NewtonScript experts please give me a tip? I have a clView,
>> and I want to add buttons to it in the clView=92s
viewSetupDoneScript.
>> Is it possible to write this as code instead of putting every single
>> button in with the stupid NTK layout editor?

> Yes. I haven't done this myself, but the Newton Programmer's Guide
> covers this in the chapter about views. There seem to be several
methods
> of achieving this.

I have spent about an hour with that document (and about the same time
with the Newton Programmer's Reference) before I posted this question.
Since these are 942 (Guide) and 1390 (Reference) page documents, I
normally
try to find my info by searching.
I always admire people who are successfull when figuring out words to
search for in these documents. Could anyone PLEASE tell me how an
aspiring Newton programmer is supposed to think of searching for
"stepchildren" if all he wants is add a button to a view
programmatically?

Oh well...

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de