Re: [NTLK] Why, oh why did Apple call this machine Newton?

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 15:26:57 PDT

> you're overdoing it! far easier to search on "newton apple"
> and "newton handheld" and "newton pda" and so on, than to try
> to figure out all the things to subtract...

> Ummm... How about searching on: Newton Messagepad OR
> Apple Newton ???

> Or, depending on your interest you could also try a specific
> model: Newton 2100, for example.

Yeah, all this would yield results that are exactly what
I am interested in. But it wouldn't yield ALL result of what
I am interested in. Not everyone sells a Newton Messagepad.
Many just sell a Newton. Or a Newton Massagepad. Not everyone
puts Apple next to Newton when writing an auction title.
You wouldn't believe how many things I was able to buy for
a steal because people weren't able to pronounce correctly
and / or accidently put something in a category you would
never even think of looking in.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html