Re: [NTLK] mp3, mad max and ata

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 14:25:59 PDT

On Tue, 20 May 2003 12:46:34 -0700, Edward Humes wrote:
>>> 4. i downloaded via ncu daniel padilla's mp3bullder package onto the
>>> ata store. It created an audio soup.
>
>> from MAD Max 1.0 onwards, this is not needed any more.
>
> that's what I thought, too, but apparently for storage on an ATA card,
> you do. Without it, I could not put away an audio file to the ATA card.

Ok, I'll look into that. It tries to create the Audio soup on the
default store, maybe that failed somehow.

> the choke point for me -- but now I realize my newton hadn't crashed,
> it was just crawling. It takes at least a half hour to store a 4 mb mp3
> on my ata card.

Ouch. How is playback? I have experienced choppy playback from a
fragmented flash card... no matter what tricks I tried in the code
(e.g. buffering it before playing it), it always sounded crappy. But
after formatting the card, everything was fine.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html