Re: [NTLK] mp3, mad max and ata

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 16:03:55 PDT

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 02:25 PM, Eckhart K=F6ppen wrote:

> I have experienced choppy playback from a
> fragmented flash card... no matter what tricks I tried in the code
> (e.g. buffering it before playing it), it always sounded crappy. But
> after formatting the card, everything was fine.

Playback on some files is very clear, others do get choppy, and I'm not=20=

sure why -- they're all at the same sample rate. When you say you=20
formatted the card, are you speaking about the partition options that=20
ATA Support offers, or something else? All I did was partition the card=20=

into three equal stores. Do you have a better/different method?

Thanks.

Ed

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html