Re: [NTLK] mp3, mad max and ata

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 14:11:13 PDT

On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:03:55 -0700, Edward Humes wrote:
> Playback on some files is very clear, others do get choppy, and I'm not
> sure why -- they're all at the same sample rate. When you say you
> formatted the card, are you speaking about the partition options that
> ATA Support offers, or something else? All I did was partition the card
> into three equal stores. Do you have a better/different method?

I was actually using a regular flash card and formatted it via the slip
the Newton brings up when you tap on "Card" in Extras.

The sample rate should only indirectly affect choppyness. The Newton
can handle 128 kbit/s files quite well. But the higher sample rate
results in a higher required transfer rate from the store, meaning more
stress for the memory subsystem...

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html