Re: [NTLK] An Amazing Story...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 11:16:20 PDT

on 5/22/03 7:07 PM, John M Powell at jp_at_iwillbefree.com wrote:

> I forgot mine in a shopping cart once. Realized it when I was
> driving away. It was still there. Worse 5 minutes of my life
> I think. People probably think I'm a bit retentive about knowing
> where it's at, but it's integrated into my life so much that
> it'd be a little bit of a blow to lose it.

My life and forgotten Newton is kind of like a family joke/nightmare. I've
left my Newton in shopping carts multiple times. Once, I was about 15 min.
away when I discovered it. I broke every highway law in the books,
practically, on the way back to Walmart. The second time I left my Newton in
a shopping buggy, I remember it about 30 sec. Later, but it was gone when I
got back. :-( I can remember doing that one more time, and it was still
there. Now, I've also left it at check out counters, store shelves, peoples'
homes, and who knows where else. Every time, it creates havoc until I have
it safely back in my hands. You would think that I would stop forgetting it,
but somehow, something causes me to leave it behind. I carry it everywhere,
which may be one reason why I've left it behind on so many occasions. :-( In
any case, I'm sure I've lost five years off my life panicking over this
stupid piece of hardware (actually, it's the loss of the content that scares
me the most.)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland