Re: [NTLK] An Amazing Story...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 06:17:37 PDT

on 24/05/03 07:24, Dirk Menne at dirk_at_menne-ks.de wrote:

> My story with Newton on car went a bit different:
>
> Driven home from the office, got out of the car and heard my girl-friend
> (leaning over the balcony) asking: what's that thing on your car?
>
> It was my 130, without case - sitting there after I drove about 20 miles with
> more than 100mph on the Autobahn!
>
> Only explanation I have: It laid on the roof with the thicker side (where the
> battery lives) front. So it must have generated some aerodynamic down force to
> stay firm on its little rubber boots.
> Watch it from the side and you'll see it looks like a plane wing... well...
> kind of...
>
> Dirk.
> MP2000 (which likes to travel inside the car)

You've certainly been very lucky, did you realize that?

;-)

-Laurent.

firebottle n.obs.: A large, primitive, power-hungry active electrical
device, similar in function to a FET but constructed out of glass, metal,
and vacuum. Characterized by high cost, low density, low reliability,
high-temperature operation, and high power dissipation. Sometimes mistakenly
called a `tube' in the U.S. or a `valve' in England; another hackish term is
glassfet.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html