[NTLK] Problems getting the WaveLAN to connect

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 20:12:48 PDT

Hey, all.

I just registered Noguchi's WaveLAN driver, and was all ready to try
out Escale over TCP/IP.

I've installed the Dock TCP/IP extension distributed with Escale, and I
have my Worksites properly set up. It tries really hard and gets as far
as "Connecting to the Internet..." before timing out and giving me this:

   Dock TCP/IP
   NIE Error:
   Problem connecting. DHCP server
   unavailable or unable to configure
   this device

It's a Lucent Technologies Orinoco Silver. My base station at home is
an Apple Airport Extreme in 802.11g/802.11b compatibility mode with
128bit WEP.

I didn't see anywhere on the Newt, in any of its twisty little
passages, a place to configure the address of the DHCP server, but it's
quite possible I overlooked it.

Any ideas? I recall this card working with my previous base station (a
Linksys wireless router without WEP turned on).

Thanks,

Zac

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html