Re: [NTLK] US Copyrights: 3 yrs. exemption for obsolete platforms?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 13:45:56 PST

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 11/2/03 4:37 PM, the entity known
as RossO transmitted the following from newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com:

> This covers 'software' that is copyrighted. It seems the smallest
> impact for Newtonians would be that UNNA can now host any piece of
> software that was originally released on:
>
> Floppies
> Linear Flash Cards
> Came with the Newton

The important part is that (to my untrained eye) not only could UNNA host
it, but it could also host any cracks needed to make it work. After all,
the exceptions listed in the original message were exceptions to the DCMA,
right, which is meant to prevent cracking/piracy.

- Eric.

I like animals.  They taste good!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html