Re: [NTLK] How do developers deal with orientation...

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 13:58:36 PST

Aux environs du 17/11/03 à 15:33 -0600, sous le titre "[NTLK] How do
developers deal with orientation...", Henry Stukenborg prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>I was quick to point out the Newton's ability to handle this (in ways
>unparalleled today), but also thought it would be interesting to hear
>from some of the Newton developers on how they deal with changes in
>orientation. Any takers?

Sometimes, you don't need to do anything because your views are based
on views that already handle this perfectly.

Sometimes, you just need to define a method called ReorientToScreen
to be the default handler (ROM_DefRotateFunc on NTK).

Finally, you may want/need to put something else for that method in
order to do special things. Very few applications do this (Avi's BD
do for example).

Cf Programmer's Reference, chapter 2.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/