[NTLK] GlobeTrotter connection solved!

From: Julian Wright (julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 11:52:16 PST

Thanks enormously to Luiz Petroni and others on the list, my connection
problems with the GlobeTrotter card have been resolved. It turns out
that I needed to have both a username and a password entered in the
User ID section of my Internet Setup for the GT card, even though
neither gets used during the actual PPP startup.

Vodafone tech support had told me "No, just leave those fields blank.
You don't need them." But then this sounds like an issue with NIE/PPP
of which we must all be wary. So if anyone wants to set up a PPP
connection with another computer, even if you do not want or need
authentication you must enter a dummy name and password for the PPP
link to work.

Now as a driving instructor I spend most of every day out on the road,
and I am really looking forward to reading my email and surfing the web
between clients. :)

Cheers, Julian.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html