Re: [NTLK] notepad: error -10606

From: pytheas_at_helmug.gr
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 13:14:24 PST

> Have you tried TrashPak?
>

> Henry Anderson

Hello Henry!

I've downloaded trashpak from unna, as you've advised. I've found out that
the problem lies in the notes that are stored in the memory card. There is
no problem with those on internal memory. When I try to get info for those
on the card, the same message (-10606) appears. The same error appears if I
try to move (from the memory card to the newton), or remove them for good.

Next, I tried to backup the notes that are stored in the newton, in the
card. I did this with the hope that they would replace (or overwrite) the
damaged notes (ok, I try whatever I can think of! :-). Didn't work. I also
tried to do the same thing through trashpak, but with the same
(unsucessfull) result.

I don't know if it relevant or not, but I've noticed that I can't sync the
newton to my imac. A message pops up for one a third of a second, to inform
me that I haven't set up correctly the connections from my desktop mac. I
can't read it well because it disappears really quick. After the message,
the connection closes with an error -28012 (protocol error). This one
doesn't make any sense, since I haven't had any problem connecting in the
past, and I haven't changed anything in my settings for way to long.

Does these help?

Angelo

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html